Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Still Whirling JB's Version!

Hi from Jungle Boy!

Yesterday was our first day of Seminary....out of the apartment at 6:45 AM As we prepared to walk out and load the car with a big box of manuals and other "stuff"...It started POURING rain. When it rains here it really rains....we stood at our doorstep and waited to no avail!! We finally ran to the car 12 feet away and guess what. The keys were not in my hand. I set the box of materials down in a "small lake"...anyway we were soaked.

We got to the school and the gate to the parking lot was LOCKED....seminary was starting in 20 min. We drove to another gate which was 100 yards from our class building. When getting out of the car, Sister Smith announced she had left her classroom key back at the apartment....still raining.! We raced back...ten minutes....got the key....raced back to school, ....our students were "gathering at the door"...All smiling and waiting to shake hands with Elder and Sister Smith. End result; Mom did a great, great Job...18 students.

We even had music and sang all verses of "I am a child of God". The kids love Mom, I could tell. My job, hand out materials, take roll, cover windows from Hot sun (after 7:15 there is hot sun)...Yes, it rains!.. It shines....it rains more and...It's really humid. And I sweat like a dripping Popsicle on a hot day. But I'm always smiling.

After hugs for sister Smith, we loaded our car and headed back to our apartment sweat-box.

We then made a trip to Palikir, the Capitol city of the island. to the Gov. Headquarters. We had received a request from the mission office to aid in "walking through" paper work to permit a new elder from New Zealand, to serve in Micronesia.

We have to return this afternoon to finalize the paper work, send it by way of DHL to Guam in time.

Back to apartment...try to stop sweating...I love being in the car though, the AC is a blessing from Heaven! Every day at least a dozen people come to visit us!!! All I want is to strip down to near nothing and sit in front of our big fan.

Sister Smith is the best!! Sometimes she even tolerates my sweating.

Second day today, Sister Smith was even better today. Nineteen students. I tell the students that I taught her everything she does...when they ask me what I do...On to coconut factory to pick up coconut and mango Popsicles. A new VICE we found. Then on to the Hawaiian store, patio cafe, with tiny view of the bay and a Kosher hot dog with popcorn. Bye for now!

Love, Jungle Boy

No comments: